International faculty are invited to submit course proposals for Universidade da Coruña's International Summer School, which will be held in A Coruña in the summer of 2018. Courses shall be entirely taught in English. Each three-week intensive course shall have a total teaching load of 42 hours divided into 14 three-hour sessions (from 30th July to 17th August) and will have an academic value of 6 ECTS credits.
Visiting teachers shall meet the following requirements:
Universidade da Coruña (UDC) will offer the following conditions:
Visiting teachers shall apply by filling in the following COURSE PROPOSAL FORM (OPEN until December 1st) .
Candidates can apply individually or together with a maximum of 2 colleagues, as long as their teaching periods do not overlap. In case of joint proposals please send just one form.
Such form will contain the following information:
Proposals should be submitted online by December 1st. Informal enquiries can be directed to email@example.com
1. As soon as the course proposal is received, UDC will confirm it to the applicant by email.
2. All proposals will be analyzed by a commission which will assess the suitability of the course for potential students, as well as the likely demand among them. This commission will consist of the Vice rector for Internationalization and Cooperation, the Head of the International Relations Office, an IRO administrative officer and a team of experts from the five fields of study. The criteria taken into account will be:
3. Preselected courses will be announced on December 20th.
4. Applicants will be informed if their proposals have been preselected by email. UDC will publish the list of preselected courses on its website, and open the student registration period.
5. Students´ registration will be open until 30th June.
6. As soon as the minimum of 10 students are registered on each course and, in any case, by 2nd July, visiting teachers will be informed about the final selection.