Home Institutions: National Academy for Public Administration, Kiev, Ukraine
Course pre-requisite(s): The group of post graduate or university students from the post-USSR republics and Eastern Europe.
Note: Course taught in Russian
Real estate management is a new field of knowledge and an emerging profession in Eastern Europe. Therefore, we estimate that the course “Real Estate Management” would be totally new and necessaire for Ukrainian students and specialists who are going to be professionals in Facility management, Building management, Assets management, Property management. This course will be also interesting for other post-socialist and post-Soviet countries students because of its complex content which covers management of all types of facilities during whole life cycle period, especially concerning public real estate.
The course is based on original lecturer’s scientific publications and practical experience.
By the end of this course students should be able:
Part 1. Real property. Natural objects
1. Basics of real property management
2. Natural resources as real property
3. Land management processes
4. Forests management
Part 2. Basics of developed real estate life cycle management
5. Features of developed real estate management
6. Concept of real estate life-cycle management
7. Analysis and control of real estate life cycle cost Lesson
8. Digital modeling of real estate life cycle
Part 3. Methods of effective construction, maintenance and operation of real estate
9. Estimation, cost engineering and construction cost management Lesson
10. Real estate maintenance management
11. Real estate operation management (Facilities Management)
Part 4. Management of several types of public facilities
12. Housing stock management Lesson
13. Enterprises fixed assets management
14. Universities real assets management
Required Course Materials
The teachers and students will be asked to use their own computers.
Autor’s basic textbooks
1. Куйбіда В.С., Ніколаєв В.П., Ніколаєва Т.В. Менеджмент об’єктів нерухомості публічної власності: Навчальний посібник / В.С. Куйбіда, В.П. Ніколаєв, Т.В. Ніколаєва. – К.: НАДУ, 2017. - 312 с. (Public Real Estate Management)
2. Ніколаєва Т. В. Вартісно-орієнтоване управління нерухомим майном державної власності [монографія] / Тетяна Володимирівна Ніколаєва; Університет державної фіскальної служби України. – Ірпінь, 2018. – 354 с. (Value-orientated management of the state real property)
3. Менеджмент объектов недвижимости: бизнес-процессы и методы / И.В. Войтов [и др.] / под ред. д.т.н. И.В. Войтова – Минск: БГТУ, 2017. – 411 с. (Real estate management: business processes and methods)
4. Methods for mass valuation of real estate: international perspectives for property appraisers / Collective monograph; Ed. Tom Kauko and Maurizio D'Amato. - Oxford: Blackwell Publishing, 2008. - 332 p.
The course consists of 14 lectures and 5 seminars (practical sessions).
The lectures will be taught using Power Point presentations.
The seminars assume reading of electronic texts then discussion, calculations and decision making.
The current control will be carried out during lectures and seminars It will estimate: the attending lectures (L), the activity of the student's work in practical classes, seminars (S), the quality of student’s thematic reports.
The final control will be the sum of points accumulated by the student based on the results of four parts studying. Final control will provide an examination, after which the student will get a final score for the discipline composed of the sum of the results of the current control and final examination (Table).
Assessment of students' knowledge is carried out on a 100-point scale and is: for current progress - 60 points, for the final examination - 35 points.